Number of Cruises: 1
Cruise Line: Imperial Majesty
Ship: Regal Empress
Sailing Date: N/A
Itinerary: Nassau, Bahamas
My Fiancee and I took this cruise as part of a package deal. This was our first cruise, and overall we had a good time.
1) Drinks contain 1 perfect shot of liquor. Martini's included.
2) The hot tub and pool are drained at Sunset! I read this in a review before and didn't believe it myself.
3) The "Variety" show is a little scary. Lots of flashy costumes and dancing.
4) The crew, although friendly, are all from other countries. It was easy to understand most, but not all.
5) They offer "duty free" liquor the first night, you don't see it again until you leave on Sunday.
6) The shower stalls are extremely small!
1) Both nights, we found that dinner was actually pretty good. Our waiter was wonderful.
2) The cruise trys to keep everyone busy- although we chose to sit around, there were a lot of activities offered.
Hints: If you go to the Bahamas, you may want to try a package deal offered by this ship. It seems like a waste of time, but we learned our lesson! We chose to see the sights alone and we found ourselves walking around Nassau looking for things to do. We ended up taking the "Booze & Cruise" which took us snorkeling and then to a private island. We also took a boat to Paradise Island and Atlantis hotel. This is not recommended! Atlantis charges for beach access, and public beach access is swarming with locals trying to hustle you for money. Stick with a tour!
All in all, it was a good time for a first cruise. Next time we'll probably upgrade a little.