Number of Cruises: 3
Cruise Line: Norwegian
Ship: Norwegian Dream
Sailing Date: December 17th, 2005
Itinerary: Western Caribbean
Overall, the cruise was great. My other two cruises has been on RCCL out of San Juan, Puerto Rico. This cruise was better than either of those. I had low expectations partly because of leaving out of the Houston Ship Channel, but once the boat starts moving it is fine. Here are my recommended do's and don'ts.
1. Load up on wine and beer in the ports of call. The prices on the boat are outrageous.
2. the following shore excursions: Dolphin encounter (Roatan), jungle trek cave tubing (Belize)
3. Go to the shows, they are great. Do not believe what people say about them if they are negative - some are just hard to please.
4. Spend time in Roatan - it was the best port of call. It is non-commercial and very mountainous. The place is awesome.
1. Purchase the unlimited soft drink wrist band. The waiters are not responsive to serving free drinks and you have to wear the stupid wrist band for a week. It was a waste of money.
2. Sit in the stardust lounge playing bingo. You are on a cruise ship - do something that you cannot do at home. You are not going to win!
3. Do not limit your shopping to NCL approved stores. Those are simply the stores that PAID NCL to get on their list.