Find a Cruise


Age: 44

Occupation:Police Officer

Number of Cruises: 3

Cruise Line: Norwegian

Ship: Norwegian Majesty

Sailing Date: December 10th, 2005

Itinerary: Bermuda

Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Majesty Cruise Review



Let’s see, I don't even know where to start. I was very disappointed to say the least! This was my third cruise (first and last with Norwegian). During the cruise I made a list of “problems” with this cruise ship and now is my time to share them with you.
Let’s start from the beginning. The cost of parking was outrageous, $140.00 for six days. Fortunately, we played it smart and found an alternative parking spot and then hailed a cab to take us to the ship. We saved $120.00, including the tip for the driver by doing this.

Embarkation was pretty good. We were able to board without any problems.

· The first day at sea, I noticed the majority of the deck chairs were broken, they had screws missing and they were dirty. You had to be very careful leaning back or you could find yourself laying flat on your back. I at first thought it was just one or two chairs, but as I looked closely, I found 75% of the chairs were the same way.

· I noticed that the water in the bathroom sink was a “little brown” when it was collected for shaving. I wasn’t too concerned with this since I didn’t plan to drink the water from the sink.

· Drinking glasses were very small. The staff had a very hard time keeping them clean and available mostly due to the fact that individuals were taking two or three glasses a person just to have enough to drink without having to return back to the fountain and wait in line for more liquids. Speaking of this, the ship only provided water or tea to drink during this time. Most of the other ships I have been on would provide juice in addiction to water and tea. (Are you listening Norwegian)?

· The buffet food was cold the majority of the time. In fact, during one lunch my girlfriend and I were the first one in line to eat lunch and the food was so cold, we had to throw it away and find something else to eat.

· Free style dining wasn’t my cup of tea (no pun intended LOL). Having to wait in line for up to 45 minutes to eat wasn’t what I expected. I must say that the wait staff and food in the dining rooms were very good. The group at my table the first night decided to meet each night and have dinner. This changed the way of Free Styling somewhat. Eating with the same people each night was great. We met new friends and plan to keep in touch quite often.

· The shows could have been a little better and had more of a variety. Not to say this was bad but it was geared more toward an “older crowd” than to younger or middle-aged persons like myself.

· After returning from an excursion, we found the only thing to eat was pizza or a hamburger. The buffet was closed. Now I understand that they must close it at a certain time in order to cook for dinner, but if the ship knows that the majority of it’s passengers are out on a excursion, then they should make arrangements to have something more than a hamburger to eat when they return.

· On the last day at Sea. The water in both hot tubs was so brown you could not see the bottom and were roped off so no one could enter. I took some photographs of these and planned to send them to Norwegian very soon. I asked several workers why the hot tubs were closed but no one seemed to have an answer. You would think that since it was the last day at sea, they would have made sure the hot tubs were in working order. If you would like to see a picture of these, copy and paste the following address.

Let’s talk a little about the excursions. Our first was on the island of Grand Cayman. This was the first time for me on this island and it was totally awesome! The weather was perfect! We took the island and Stingray City tour. The only problem with the island tour was that it was a “hurry up and let’s go” theme. Not much time to spend in each area. Only having ten minutes per stop with three or four other busses there just didn’t give you the time needed. The stingray City tour was the best! The guides were great and knew their stuff. The pictures were a little expensive ($15.00 for one. Not even printed. Just scanned to a disk) but we purchased them anyway.

The next stop was Cozumel Mexico. I've been there before but have never taken an excursion. We had to be tendered to the island due to the damage of Hurricane Wilma. This was no fault of the ships but having to wait 2 ½ hours for a tender was. They kept apologizing for the wait. Our tour began at 2pm. We arrived at Cozumel at 10am. We planned to do a little shopping before taking the tour but soon found out that this wasn’t going to be the case. They were tendering other passengers who had earlier excursions first. We decided to sneak on one of the earlier tenders just to make it to shore in time to shop. This worked out great! In fact, when we finished shopping and returned to the area of our excursion, we learned that passengers who booked the same excursion were just getting to shore. In other words, if we hadn’t “hitched a ride” on the earlier tender, we would not have been able to do any shopping. We decided to take the ATV Jungle & Beach Tour. This was a flop from the beginning. The guides were not prepared, had to refund some passengers due to some ATV’s not running. The “Jungle” ride was over a numerous piles of rocks near the ocean. The secluded beach was really nice. It provided us some relax time and time for our butts to regain it’s feeling from the ATV ride. My girlfriend had bruises on her buttocks after we return. Needless to say, this will be her last ATV ride for sometime.

If you’ve been on any cruises, I’m sure you’ve heard “the ship leaves at ‘blank time’ and if you’re not on the ship, it will sail without you.” Well, this wasn’t the case either. After we left Cozumel, the ship was informed that two passengers were left behind. Since there were only two passengers, I’m certain that this wasn’t an excursion sanctioned by the ship. The Captain made an announcement stating that we would be turning back around to pick up these individuals. This made our arrival time in Key West to be later than scheduled.

Arrived at Key West approximately 1 hour late (not too bad). We have been to Key West before and once again had a wonderful time. We had no problems clearing Customs.

Okay, let’s rapp this up. The bottom line is if you are planning to take a cruise in the near future, please look into a different cruise line. I give this ship a one star.


Was this review helpful?

Yes No Email this review to a friend

Ask questions and get advice from other cruisers on our popular discussion board,