Number of Cruises: 4
Cruise Line: Norwegian
Ship: Norwegian Sea
Sailing Date: August 7th, 2004
Itinerary: Western Caribbean
Just returned from norwegian Sea "Texicaribean" cruise. This was our 4th cruise and very first with Norwegian. Overall it was our worse experience.
3. Friendly enough staff
1. Cabins and bunks are very small
2. The ship is dirty - stained carpet thoughout, windows were filthy, could not even see out of our porthole, food on the floor for days
3. Cost - Once on board NCL nickle and dime you to death. Am example it cost 75 cents per mintute for Internet Access!!! Newspapers were $3.75 each! The excursions also seemed overpriced but we only took one and it was "OK".
4. Food was lousy - We only ate the buffett so I can not speak to the restruant experience but the buffett food was just awful. Hamburger and hot dog buns were always stale. Bugers over cooked. Juice was only available during breakfast. The rest of the time it was only coffee and water (unless you wanted to pay $30 additional for a coke card) Ice cream only available 2 hours a day!!!
5. Ship layout - I enjoy sitting on a side deck to get away from the crowd at the pool. Unfortunately this was not possible on the Norwegian Sea. The only side deck was one used for jogging, thus no deck chairs were permitted. There was the top deck but the crew put away the deck chairs at 5:00 PM. So if you wanted to relax and enjoy the stars at night you had to stand. The deck chairs were also the cheap plastic kind you might find at walmart.
If I was grading on a straight curve the Norwegian Sea would get a "F", however being a benefactor myself of social promotion in grade school I will be generous and give it a "D".
Save your money...choose another line.