Number of Cruises: 30
Cruise Line: Princess
Ship: Star Princess
Sailing Date: May 3rd, 2003
Itinerary: Mexican Riviera
My wife and I just returned from
the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise aboard the Star Princess. I will list the top
10 pros and cons about this trip. Being a seasoned cruiser there were things
that impressed and those that really disappointed me. Here is the summary:
TOP 10 BEST THINGS ABOUT STAR PRINCESS
1. No Lines
2. Beautiful Ship
3. Excellent Staff
4. Plenty of lounges by pool
5. Some of the best entertainment
6. Best tender experience ever
7. Cheap and excellent drinks
8. Almost no motion even in rough seas.
9. Excellent TV reception
10. Plenty of activities
TOP 10 NOT SO GOOD LIST
1. Only two pool towels per day, per-passenger. Strictly enforced.
2. Signs on things like internet access rate saying "this cruise only .35 cents per minute".
Insulting as we all know this is not for one cruise only.
3. Food is horrible...not edible. GROSS!!!
4. The charge for ice cream!!!
5. Personal Choice dining comes with a wait during peak meal times.
6. Alternative restaurants are GROSS and not worth a dime extra
7. Pool area does not have real teak
8. Cabins are worn looking
9. Bathrooms are poor
10. Cabin amenities missing (i.e. shower caps, nice towels etc...)