Royal Caribbean InternationalEnchantment the Seas ReviewKey West-CozumelDavid Hanon
Number of Cruises: 7
Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean
Ship: Enchantment of the Seas
Sailing Date: August 19th, 2006
Itinerary: Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman
Royal Caribbean International
Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review
Overall the cruise was
very good. The itinerary and price was acceptable for a 5 night trip.
1. Check in. This was very fast indeed. We used the Sail Pass which really speeds things up. Before the cruise, you can sign up for excursions which is great. However, one a big tip: Wait until you get to the islands and bargain with the taxi drivers to take you sightseeing..its way LESS expensive!!
2. Tha cabins are of course small but again acceptable and something more people should know..they are SMALL!!! Expecially the less expensive cabins.
3. The nightly shows were not what I remember RCCL to be in the past. It seems like coswt cutting is going on. The last night was excellent though with a multicast show unlike the previous nights which were one or two 'man' shows. The line does PUSH an awful lot of extra's on to you, eg CD's of the performers,cruise-review CD's, etc, Bingo, the ever present bar waiters, etc etc...
4. Fellow passengers: Maybe it was just the time of the year, but there were a lot of 'newbie's on the ship. You could tell by the way they stuck to each other in their little clique's. There were a surprising number of reunions of families as well. Not too friendly folks I would say in general.
5. The evening dinners were excellent. A tip: I asked for chicken curry and rice as a special request and they cooked it to perfection!! Usually if you ask the waiter for something you want, they will cook it for you. The quality of the dishes was very good, however the taste was 'bland'...you know, one garlic clove as opposed to like 10!!! I like my food spicy and with flava!!
6. The usual casino, belly flop competitions etc at the pool. mig night buffet.
7. We were not impressed with breakfast and lunch at the WIndjammer. The food was tasteless
8. Sanitation was in evidence everywhere which was commendable. At each entrance to the dining rooms, they had the Purell Disinfect Dispenser there.
9. Overall, a good cruise, the itinerary could have been more imaginative. I did not like the days at sea, but it seems to be the way cruise lines are going
10. Departure was very orderly and timely. Port Everglades is an excellent port compared to Miami Port