This really depends on your kid so it is very important to pay close attention to his or her body language, especially with very young children. Often, non-costumed characters such as the Disney princesses appear less threatening to kids so it is a good idea to open them up to the idea of interacting with strangers with these type of characters (e.g., Jasmine, Belle and Snow White). It is a good idea to hold your child's hand while approaching the character and stay close to him or her while meeting the costumed character for the first time. Pay attention to your child's reaction: Let go if he or she starts smiling or retreat if he or she starts pouting or crying. Don't force your child to interact with a character if he or she is not comfortable.
Find a Cruise
Recent Cruise Tips
- How Many Pairs of Shoes Should I Take on a Cruise Ship?
- Where Do You Keep Your Luggage on a Cruise Ship?
- Is There a Cruise Ship Luggage Brand Recommended by Travelers?
- Is Cruise Ship Luggage Screened?
- How Much Space is There for Luggage in Cruise Cabins?
- Are There Hangers in the Staterooms on a Cruise Ship?
- What is Typically on the Royal Caribbean Thanksgiving Menu?
- What Are the Best Royal Caribbean International Thanksgiving Cruises?
- How Do I Find a Cheap Thanksgiving Cruise for the Family?
- What is the Best Thanksgiving Party Cruise?