It is difficult to get a refund if you missed the boarding time of a Carnival Cruise ship. The company policy is strict, and the only way to get a refund is if you provide a cancellation notice 70 days before the sail date of any 5-day (or less) cruise and 80 days before the sail date for 6- and 9-day cruises. The only way to get a refund is to purchase a Vacation Protection Plan (prices ranging from $49 to $189 per person). However, keep in mind that only emergency cancellations qualify you for a full refund. If you just missed the boarding time for being late, you will only receive a partial refund of 75% or less. For more information, read our feature article What to Do when You Miss a Cruise on CruiseReviews.com.
Find a Cruise
Recent Cruise Tips
- How Many Pairs of Shoes Should I Take on a Cruise Ship?
- Where Do You Keep Your Luggage on a Cruise Ship?
- Is There a Cruise Ship Luggage Brand Recommended by Travelers?
- Is Cruise Ship Luggage Screened?
- How Much Space is There for Luggage in Cruise Cabins?
- Are There Hangers in the Staterooms on a Cruise Ship?
- What is Typically on the Royal Caribbean Thanksgiving Menu?
- What Are the Best Royal Caribbean International Thanksgiving Cruises?
- How Do I Find a Cheap Thanksgiving Cruise for the Family?
- What is the Best Thanksgiving Party Cruise?