Yes, Disney Cruise Lines is very helpful with shy kids. Although there are several costumed "cast" characters (Disney uses this term to refer to staff), there are also non-costumed characters, which are often more approachable for shy kids. The Disney princesses cast characters are very tactful in helping with shy girls. If your kid is shy, give him or her time and don't force him or her to approach costumed characters. Shy kids often enjoy the activities of the Oceaneer Club and the Oceaneer Lab because these activities don't put them on the spotlight, and they can blend in with several other kids.
Find a Cruise
Recent Cruise Tips
- How Many Pairs of Shoes Should I Take on a Cruise Ship?
- Where Do You Keep Your Luggage on a Cruise Ship?
- Is There a Cruise Ship Luggage Brand Recommended by Travelers?
- Is Cruise Ship Luggage Screened?
- How Much Space is There for Luggage in Cruise Cabins?
- Are There Hangers in the Staterooms on a Cruise Ship?
- What is Typically on the Royal Caribbean Thanksgiving Menu?
- What Are the Best Royal Caribbean International Thanksgiving Cruises?
- How Do I Find a Cheap Thanksgiving Cruise for the Family?
- What is the Best Thanksgiving Party Cruise?