Yes, it is safe to take winter cruises. Most winter cruises will take you exotic locations that have no winters such as Hawaii, the Caribbean, Central America and northern South America. However, there are some winter destinations you should definitely avoid at all costs, no matter how cheap or alluring they may sound. These include the Adriatic Sea, Greenland and Australia. During the winter, the Bora winds make the waters of the Adriatic Sea very dangerous to sail. Although it may be safe to visit certain parts of Greenland by foot or dogsled, it is not safe to cruise around the nearby ocean during the winter. Finally, Australia's weather during the winter is too harsh for a winter vacation, as well.
Find a Cruise
Recent Cruise Tips
- How Many Pairs of Shoes Should I Take on a Cruise Ship?
- Where Do You Keep Your Luggage on a Cruise Ship?
- Is There a Cruise Ship Luggage Brand Recommended by Travelers?
- Is Cruise Ship Luggage Screened?
- How Much Space is There for Luggage in Cruise Cabins?
- Are There Hangers in the Staterooms on a Cruise Ship?
- What is Typically on the Royal Caribbean Thanksgiving Menu?
- What Are the Best Royal Caribbean International Thanksgiving Cruises?
- How Do I Find a Cheap Thanksgiving Cruise for the Family?
- What is the Best Thanksgiving Party Cruise?