Though it is OK to tip your stateroom attendant at any time, the standard etiquette is to wait until the time of checkout. It is a good idea to check at the time of booking whether you will need to tip or whether the gratuity will be automatically added to your final bill. Some cruise companies add a set amount per person (including children) per day to cover gratuities, and most companies fail to mention this at the time of booking. Avoid surprises by asking about this up front. Most companies will provide you an envelope at the end of your trip to insert your tip for the crew and staff. If you would like to tip a particular person, make sure to write the name on the front of the envelope.
- Cruise Tips
- Tips for Beginners
- When Do You Leave Your Tip for Your Stateroom Attendant on a Cruise?
Find a Cruise
Recent Cruise Tips
- How Many Pairs of Shoes Should I Take on a Cruise Ship?
- Where Do You Keep Your Luggage on a Cruise Ship?
- Is There a Cruise Ship Luggage Brand Recommended by Travelers?
- Is Cruise Ship Luggage Screened?
- How Much Space is There for Luggage in Cruise Cabins?
- Are There Hangers in the Staterooms on a Cruise Ship?
- What is Typically on the Royal Caribbean Thanksgiving Menu?
- What Are the Best Royal Caribbean International Thanksgiving Cruises?
- How Do I Find a Cheap Thanksgiving Cruise for the Family?
- What is the Best Thanksgiving Party Cruise?