The Gulf of Aden has, unfortunately, become known as the Somali Pirate Zone. It is not surprising that folks worry they may not be safe on a cruise through the area. The reality is that only a very minuscule percentage of ships are ever hit and far fewer are ever successfully hijacked. Before entering the Gulf of Aden, safety drills will be conducted. The ship will most likely become a part of a convoy with several other ships so that safety in numbers can be used as a defense. If that is not enough, an armed naval escort will most likely shadow the ship.
Find a Cruise
Specialty Cruise Articles
- What Are the Best Sydney New Year's Eve Cruises?
- What Are the Top New York New Year's Cruises?
- How Do Cruisers Rate Review the Boston Harbor New Year's Cruise?
- What is the Best Hawaii New Year's Cruise?
- What Are the Top Family Cruises for New Year's Eve?
- Are Gulf of Aden Cruises Safe?
- Which Cruises do Red Sea Cruise Reviews Praise the Most?
- Which Cruises do Gulf of Aden Cruise Reviews Rate the Best?
- What Are the Best Red Sea Cruise Ships?
- What Are the Best Jazz Cruise Ships for Couples?