View Single Post
Old 01-23-2003, 10:56 AM

My parents (in their early 70's) and my husband and I (in our early 40's) are planning on a cruise to the Panama Canal in 2004 (either spring or fall). The itinerary is something that my parents would like to do.

My parents have sailed with Holland America (Noordam-transatlantic), NCL Dream (transatlantic) and Wind (Australia, N.Z. & Hawaii). We have sailed with Carnival Sensation , Destiny (and soon Spirit), and NCL's Sky (all Caribbean itineraries). We want to go on a ship we haven't been on before.

My question is:
- Is there a better time to go on this route, as far as weather is concerned?

- What are the normal ports of call for such an itinerary? And does anyone have any comments on them.

I know that some of the itineraries for cruise lines will change that far ahead, but we were looking at some of the newer ships, like the Coral Princess, RCI's Brilliance of the Seas or Radiance of the Seas and some of the Celebrity ships. Any comments on these? We haven't sailed on these lines, but I think that my parents would like them. After they went on their first cruise with Holland America, they said they never wanted to sail any other line and I had to convince them to try NCL. We could, of course, sail Holland America, too, just haven't checked which ship it is.

Anyway, sorry, haven't started my research yet, just wanted to get some feedback. Thanks.