Thread: Roatan & Belize
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 06:37 AM

Both Roatan and Belize are great for snorkeling. We took a catamaran sail/snorkel in Roatan. It was about a 20 minute bus ride to the catamaran, so we got to see a little of the island as well. It's not a developed country and really quite interesting. Our snorkel trip took up most of the day, we were there in January. The water was a little nippy, but I had a short wet suit on and was fine. The weather was beautiful, sunny and warm. The water was crystal clear, plenty of sea life. There is a shopping area right where you dock or tender. The pier can only handle one ship, so any others have to anchor and tender in. We were on the Mediterranea and there was a Royal Caribbean ship at the pier, so we had to tender. Not a big deal. Roatan is definitely a place I hope to return to. My co-worker did a snorkel in Belize. He said it was fantastic. He took a catamaran out to the barrier reef and that's where they snorkeled. He said there was good shopping there as well. I haven't been there in years, so can't remember much. His pictures brought back no outstanding memories.