View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 04:19 PM

I haven't sailed on RCCL yet, but we did self-disembarkation on the Carnival Conquest and it was a total nightmare. We overestimated our abilities and had a very hard time carrying all of our luggage, plus a piece of artwork and alcohol we bought in port off the ship. Hubby ended up breaking a bottle of coconut rum all over the floor. People were crammed into the staircases and near the elevators and, no joke, were actually yelling at each other and accusing people of cutting. It was a very unpleasant end to a wonderful trip.

However, this may have been an isolated incident, and I have heard good things from other people about the process on other ships. Also, if you pack very light and don't have any major purchases to transport, you may find it much simpler. And, like I said, have not done it on RCCL, so I'm just sharing my experience from Carnival. RCCL may be way different.

My hubby and I have vowed to be the last people off the ship from now on, though! We'll never risk it again. We figure, we're on vacation, might as well relax while we wait to disembark.

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005