View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Administrator

I flew on American Airlines just last week. Compared to other airlines (Delta, United, etc.), it is definitely no-frills. I had a 4 hour flight followed by a 3 hour flight -- no movies, no free snacks (not even pretzels), and snacks were by purchase only (and they ran out). Fortunately, this doesn't bother me, and the price was right.

I will say that their customer service was very good. I had booked a flight from Tucson to Boston via Chicago with a 2 1/2 hour layover. Due to weather conditions emanating from the central part of the country, the plane that would take us from Tucson to Chicago was going to be 2 hours late. I was concerned about making my connection, so the ticket agent gave me a ticket for a later flight out of Chicago, just in case. I ended up having no need for it.

I had no delays on the way from Boston-Tucson via Dallas/Fort Worth. I still think I got lucky.

I'd fly them again, but would leave at least 2 to 3 hours for connections (especially if a regional jet is involved as they leave from other terminals), and would bring a few snacks and reading material onboard.