View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 10:33 AM

We just got back from our 7 night Western Caribbean cruise on the Carival Glory. Although we had a great time, I am even more of a Royal Caribbean fan now than I was before we left on this cruise. I just feel like RCCL does it the best. The Glory was very hard to find your way around on, even at the end of the week. Our head waitress was not that friendly and would jokingly (some seriousness) get upset if you would make a special request. My daughter asked for a second bowl of soup one night and the waitress said that she would check to see if any was left. We watched her, after about 20 minutes she went to the back and came out and said there was none left. Our assistant waitress was great. Very friendly and had a constant smile. The food was always served warm, never hot. The food was good, not great. The chocolate cake was out of this world!!!!! The pizza was much better than RCCL and having 24 hour french fries was very nice too. The pools are all very small but the water slide was fun for the kids. The shows were good but the theater was set up very poorly. A good portion of the seats were partial view seats and if you sat on the side you could not see behind the curtain. We always felt rushed at dinner because it was so hard to find a seat for the shows because they had bingo going on all the way up to showtime. The cruise director was not that entertaining but a friendly enough guy. We had a balcony room for the first time and absolutely loved that. Will be hard to sail without it now. We had 2 rooms on 2 separate levels. One room stuard was excellent and the other not so good. Overall we had a lot of fun but found that there was much more downtime on this ship than on RCCL Navagotor of the Seas. For the money, it was a good value but like I said before, we will probably be sticking to RCCL in the future, unless we find a deal we just can't pass up.