View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:09 AM

We are leaving on the Valor on May 29th, last year we flew in the day before our cruise, because we were worried about late fights and missing our cruise. We want to do this again, but I wanted to find out if anyone has done the research and what they found to be the cheapest. Should we fly into FTL or Miami? Is it cheaper if you fly into FTL to rent a car and take the shuttle from the MIA airport? (we have 7 of us traveling together) Or is it cheaper to fly into FTL get the shuttle from FTL to the port. Or is it cheaper to fly into MIA and take a taxi to the port or the shuttle from Carnival. I will do the research just thought maybe someone else had already done it, and would be willing to share. We are flying out of STL.
Also has anyone ever booked through the touring companies in these ports rather than Carnival. Have you saved alot of money doing this?? I kno when we have gotten off the ship before there were people standing there with signs wanting to take us on tours. Just thought maybe we could save some $ doing this since we are taking our kids this year. Zip line and snorkling are our biggest things we want to do. Any recommendations??

Thanks for any and all help!!