View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 09:36 AM

Carlalena - It is pretty easy to understand. Not everyone loves to travel to far off places. I am in my late 30's and I have never owned a passport. My cruise to Canada this past summer was my first trip out of the U.S.

I am not afraid of flying, but I just don't enjoy the experience, so I avoid it at all costs. I figure there are so many great sites to see in the U.S., I don't need to travel overseas to get my thrills. I might one day, but up until this point, it hasn't been an issue.

Plus, don't rule out the cost factor of a passport. We considered it prior to our cruise - but we spent 9 months collecting the money to pay for the cruise, have the money available we thought we would need during the week, plus the money for tips.

When you add in that is would have cost me well over another $400 for myself, my wife, and two small children to get a passport - that was just more money then we were willing to spend on this trip.

In the future I will obviously not have the choice - but for now, it was a no brainer for me.

One final note about the documentation - maybe I got lucky checking in at Philly, but it was no longer for me then the people flashing passports.

Just my thoughts.

Enchantment - August 2005