View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 11:06 AM

Hi Everyone! We just returned from another fantastic cruise on the Holiday. Even though the seas were among the roughest I have ever experienced (20 ft) everyone still managed to have a terrific time! I've read many disappointing comments on Progreso, and based on what we saw getting off the ship, we were tempted to simply agree with the comments and get back onboard. DO NOT DO THIS! KEEP GOING! Go into the town and meet some great people. The public beach by the jetty actually has a lot of sand and numerous places to eat, drink and even get massages if desired. We stopped by LaMarina bar on a side street and met the greatest group of locals you could hope for. This stop is so much better than Costa Maya and Belize and we look forward to visiting there again. This port could very easily be the next Cozumel in years to come. Speaking of Cozumel, looks like there will soon be a downtown area for each pier. Carlos and Charlies recently opened a new "beach club" just south of downtown and it is simply great in every way! As soon as time allows, I'll post more details but for now, its back to work!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination