View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 PM

Hi Elliemay:
how long will you be docked in Alexandria? if you are there for a good 8 hours or more, might I suggest you think about visiting Abu Simbel or Karnak. You can easily and quite reasonably get a plane down to that area (too far to drive). You can arrange a tour guide to meet you there and take you to and from all places you would like to see and to and from airport.
If you don't want to try that there are many other choices from Alexandria. There is a list of tour guide recommendations at tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c85398/Cairo:
you could read and choose one or two to contact and ask their advise on what to do. Also you can go to www.tripadvisor.com and in the search box type in Egypt forum. once you get to cairo forum there are lots of topics to choose from. you might find ideas there or go to the travel forum in the choices on left of screen when you get to Egypt forum. I found a lot of info reading those. I remember reading on those forums (either Cairo or Egypt forum) that there are some very wonderful day trips to the Western parts of Egypt from Alexandria. Have a great time. We are cruising to Egypt in May 2010, but we only have 2 days/1 night and plan to visit Cairo/Giza since this is our first time to Egypt.
Rocket girl