View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Administrator

I ate in Blu. The meal was very nice, but I preferred the dinner we had in the main dining room. It was just two meals so I am not making a blanket comparison. After all it was the naming ceremony so we had a special menu for the dining room that night.

Celebrity's food is all great. Buffet, outdoor grill, dining rooms, etc. It's the little things that matter sometimes, and on the Solstice class even the pizza ovens are special (for a ship). They use brick ovens so the crust gets those tasty little burn marks like a real NY city pizzeria. A palate cleanser of sorbet is served between dinner courses. Freshly dipped ice cream cones for free at the buffet. Another place with gelato ($). It is really something.

If you are in an Aqua Class cabin you get a high-end shower (lots of water jets), pillow menu, scent choices for the cabin, and a big selection of lotions and oils.

You have picked a wonderful ship for a first cruise. In fact, you might be spoiling yourself if you cruise on lesser ships in the future!