Thread: MSC Musica
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 03:28 PM

Hi,

I don't know how long you will be staying in Izmir but here are a few suggestions.
1)If you like eating fish, I suggest that you go to Deniz Restaurant. It is an expensive restaurant but quite delicious. Balik Pisiricisi is an alternative to Deniz Restaurant and it is cheaper.
Both restaurants are on 1. Kordon. 15 to 20 minutes of walking from where the ferry stops. If you need more detailed info. on what to eat in a Turkish fish restaurant, please le me know.
2)I suggest that you see the ephesus ancient city and theater. First ancient Greek and then changed to Roman styleby the Romans. It is more than an hour of you drive, maybe 70 - 80 minutes.
Have a great time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Door:
I'm a first time cruiser booked on the MSC Musica cruise itinerary Venice-Bari-Katakolon-Izmir-Istanbul-Dubrovnik October 2006.

Does anyone have any advice about what a newby should expect on this cruise, and does anyone have any suggestions about what to do in these ports? Should I take the shore excursions, or do the towns on my own? I'll be spending 3 days in Florence and 3 days in Venice on the way there, so if you have any advice about those cities as well I'd appreciate it.