View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 04:28 PM

Hi Johnno, We have been on 5 cruises in the last 2 years, thus the name creuiseaddiction57, we have been on Pacific Sun 3 times, Sun Princess once (NYE 07/08) and Pride of Hawaii (now Norwiegen Jade), on that basis I make my comments based on these 3 ships. I enjoyed my time on Sun Princess and would sail on her again no problems. Had the best NYE, the crew are excellent, food is pleniful, if you want Pizza in the middle of the night, just phone room service, you are only charged the room service fee, the pizza is free, we had a double massage, my husbands first one, he was floating for hours after, of the 3 ships I have been on I found that Sun Princess I had the most fun on, we sailed out of Sydney, so we had the thrill of just making it under the harbour bridge and of course everyone was in party mode, met a great bunch of people and are still in contact now, we live in Surfers Paradise and have a view of the Indy Track, a few of the people we met on that cruise are comming to stay at our place for Indy so the friendships continue, they went on Pacific Sun recently and still say Sun Princess was the best to the degree they have cancelled the next cruise on Sun Princess and lost money to rebook on Sun Princess.
My personal advice is you can make or break your cruise, don't be frightened to start a conversation with anyone,go onboard with a positive attitude,just have fun...we ended up with a group of about 20 people that used to see us and sit with us from about the 2nd day of the cruise, we are still in touch with 1/2.
Have a great time.