View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 01:33 PM

I have been in the Caribbean on 26 cruises now. I do try to get an itinerary that does at least 1 new port. I also love revisiting some of my favorite islands. The one in December, I've been to all the ports many, many times, so it's mainly for a new ship experience. I have never sailed on Celebrity and I've heard very positive reviews on the ship. The one next year is on the Epic. I've been to all the ports, many, many times, but the Epic is a new ship. I've sailed on NCL 4 times before, and have totally enjoyed each time. I book based on ship, price, and itinerary. The one we took last year on the Royal went to a lot of new ports in the Caribbean, Virgin Gorda, St. Barts, Tobago, and Devil's Island were 4 new ports for me. Plus, the Royal Princess was a new small ship for me. I would love to sail on every Princess ship in their fleet. I would also love to visit every available port in the Caribbean.

I would also love to do Tahiti, the Med (mainly Italy, Spain, and Greece), and would love to do a far east cruise. However, these require me to hit the lottery A transatlantic might be doable one day in the not to distant future. Air fare is a killer for any of the aforementioned cruises.

I have never been disappointed with returning to a port except for Ocho Rios. The first time I went to Ocho Rios was 20 years ago. It was absolutely beautiful. The locals were so friendly and not as pushy as they are now. Jamaica is a beautiful island, and if they'd just realize what they have, it would be such a pleasure to visit. St. Thomas has changed dramatically. I first visited there when I was just a young teen, it was pristine and absolutely breath-taking, Martinique too. Now, well, I don't stay on St. Thomas much, we usually go to St. John. Martinique is NOTHING like it was. While other islands have commercialized, some like Grenada, have managed to do so without becoming dirty. I still love them all, though