View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 10:31 PM

I have been on the Scotia Prince a number of times. It's not up to par with a lot of the cruise ships out there but have enjoyed the ship nonetheless. During the summer she sails between Portland, ME, and Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. You leave Portland around 7PM (beautiful scenery sailing out), there is a stage show, and you can shop, gamble, or have dinner. They wake you up early the next morning as you arrive in NS. Nice buffet breakfast onboard and another beautiful harbor to sail into. Most people disembark to spend time exploring the Maritimes but you can do the "23 overnight sensation" where you have one hour in port and sail back to Maine. During the day sailing they have a buffet lunch, stage show, and various games going on. You arrive back to Maine at 6PM-ish. I did take my grandparents over a couple of years ago and found the handicap cabins quite large and easy to manuever a wheelchair in. As far as regular cabins, splurge for the deluxe. It is small with a bathroom (good luck with the shower). The economy ones were too cramped. Bunkbeds, no room to move, and a walk to the bathroom. Ship was refurbished last year to add hot tubs and a new lounge. Haven't been on to see these yet. The line frequently offers 2 for 1 deals in the fall and spring. Sign up on the Prince of Fundy website and they'll email you the deals. If you're looking for a quick get away spend one night in Yarmouth. THe Rodd Grand Hotel is nice and the town enjoyable.