View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 07:53 PM

I went on a cruise that stopped in Key West. It was onboard the Norwegian Pearl in first week of December 2008. Our stop in Key West was not planned. Our forth and final port of call was suppose to be Greater Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas. But the seas were too rough to use the Tenders (smaller boats) to take us ashore on Greater Stirrup Cay. So instead we went to Key West.

Anyway, I went to a few places that were a short walking distance from the Pier. They were all very nice. Here is a short list of them (not in any particular order):
  • Mel Fisher's Maritime Museum (has allot of relics from the wreck of the Atocha, which includes a gold bar you can touch and pick up)
  • Mallory Square (the famous public square where you can watch the famous sunset and see street performers)
  • The Blonde Giraffe (a tiny little store that sells excellent Key Lime Pies and maybe a few other desserts)
  • Duval Street (the main thoroughfare in Key West with all the all the hangouts, bars, stores, etc. Including the famous "Sloppy Joe's" bar)[/list]I hope this could be some help. Have a nice time on your cruise.