View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 03:26 PM

Not much yet in Grand Turk. The town is small and not much to do. There is a small shopping plaza off the pier with a Margaritaville bar/restaurant/pool. There is also a swimming beach off the pier with lounge chairs set up. We did the stingray encounter/snorkle excursion booked through the ship. You can also look into arranging a snorkle adventure on your own - I no longer have the link to the company that did our excursion, but someplace in the Caribbean ports section I did a posting last year with the link. I haven't been to San Juan in over 30 years, but a walking tour of Old San Juan and exploring the old fort is a great adventure. Lots of folks have liked the tour of the rum factory. If you have the time or and excursion is offered to El Junque - the rain forest - that's a definite treat. Half Moon Cay is a private island in the Bahamas. Beautiful little island - there are excursions offered. We just hung out on the beach and enjoyed the great buffet lunch. There is a small straw market at the dock (you'll tender in). The Zuiderdam is a lovely ship - as is every HAL ship; elegant, clean, exceptional service. You should enjoy your cruise.