View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 06:41 PM

Hey Nancy! I can't access that link you gave me and I'm so curious as to what you thought. The port that has it on this cruise is Phillipsburg, St. Maarten:
Loterie Farm Treetop Adventure Tour
Strenuous
Approximate Duration: 3 Hours 45 Minutes
Adult: 82.00 (USD) | Child: 65.00 (USD)

While you soar between the tops of majestic 200-year-old Mango and Mahogany trees, you will experience, “up close and personal” the rich bio-diversity of St Martin’s only rain forest micro-climate (home to the largest bird habitat in the Northeastern Caribbean).

Experienced staff will instruct you in the use of high-tech gear and explain the double redundant safety features while giving you an overview of the history, ecology and preservation effort of the 300 year old former sugar plantation.

Then it’s up, up and away! The exhilarating traverse adventure course, consisting of a sequence of zip-lines, rope swings and ‘bridges’ suspended from platforms mounted in the trees of the forest, will leave you in a physical and mental state of total euphoria.

To participate in this tour you must be in excellent physical condition with a maximum weight of 250lbs and a minimum height of 48 inches (4ft). Comfortable clothing and closed shoes are recommended. This is a “hands-on” tour; cameras may not be carried during the traverse adventure.

Notes: This tour includes physical exertion and is not recommended for pregnant women, persons with a history of heart conditions, seizures, back, knee, neck or shoulder problems or other pre-existing health problems. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Strenuous = To fully participate may require extended periods of physical exertion, extensive walking, climbing, or biking. There may be numerous steps, inclines, cobblestones, and other rough terrain throughout the excursion. These excursions are the most active and have been designed for participants in excellent health and very good physical condition.

Sounds fun! Crazy, but fun!