View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 07:16 PM

Hi guys! It's been forever since I've been on here, but we're a little behind on planning our next cruise! We're hoping to go in Feb/Mar so I'm back to do research.

We originally were thinking Bermuda, but I think now we'd like to drive to New Orleans (we have friends there) and leave from there. So we're looking at Norwegian Spirit or Carnival Triumph. A cursory glance made Triumph look more appealing, but I wanted to get the experts' opinions!

Triumph hits Belize City, Honduras, Cozumel. Spirit hits Costa Maya, Guatemala, Belize City, Cozumel.

I must say that I'm more of a ship girl than a port girl, so I'm more interested in the amenities/appearance/comfort of the ship than anything. Info would be much appreciated!

Also, we were a little suspicious by the low price listed on a certain travel Web site for the NCL sailings (we usually don't book on the site, we usually use an agent, but we use the site for some initial searches). Can anyone shed any light on this? (It was like $450 for an oceanview.)

P.S. If a site admin could cross-reference this to the Carnival thread, that would be wonderful...

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005