View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mousewalker:
Terri,

Your arrangements are similar to ours. Arriving Rome 12 May and Leaving Rome 27 May. We are staying at the Sunbay Hotel in Civitavecchia before the cruise and have no reservations in Rome yet after the cruise. There are six of us however.
Wow...you had me all excited thinking I'd found another couple or two to share the airport transfer! *LOL*

Quote:
I will be interested in how much your transfer was to Civitavecchia and Port to Rome after the cruise, if you would be willing to share details.

Kath
I have booked with Stefano at Rome Cabs. Here's their website:
http://www.romecabs.com/

For the Airport-to-Civitavecchia transfer, he has quoted us 120 Euros for the two of us...145 Euros for 4 passengers. I don't know what it will be for your 6 passengers. I am pretty sure 6 is his limit, figuring ONE suitcase and ONE carry-on per passenger only.

The quote is the same for the port-to-Rome transfer: 120 Euros for two passengers, and 145 Euros for 4 passengers. Same luggage limit.

He has just requested confirmation of our booking, no deposit. Payment is in cash Euros direct to the driver at the end of each journey.

He's gotten good reviews on different cruising message boards.

Edited to add: If you think your party of 6 won't all be able to fit with your luggage in one vehicle, we could think about splitting into two groups....just a thought!