View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 01:56 PM

I have never felt crowded on Trunk Bay and we've been there with quite a few ships in port. In Barbados, we always do the Tiami catamaran sail/snorkel. The catamarans are beautiful and the crews have always been great. If you book the one with the luncheon, try the bajan pepper sauce if you like hot and spicey sauces. It's a mustard based sauce with scotch bonnet peppers, mango, brown sugar, and spices-it's awesome. They take you on a snorkel with the turtles and then to a nice beach (even if you don't do lunch) where you can swim and enjoy a few rum punches. St. Lucia is a great island. The snorkeling at the base of the pitons is great. Last year we went to Pigeon Island, it's an interesting self-guided walking tour through an old fort, with a great look out. The beach there is clean, clear water, but not much snorkeling. I wasn't too impressed with the snorkeling in Antigua, too many jelly fish for me. It might have been the time of the year we went, it was in late October/early November. We sailed on October 26th and don't remember what day we were there. There are some posts from Scott Taylor, they went to Pineapple beach (I believe that was the name) and had a great time. In St. Maarten, I definitely wasn't impressed with the snorkeling. Most everyone wants to go to Orient Beach (clothing optional). It's a nice beach, but they charge for everything, including using the bathroom. There is a nice beach close to where you dock and the shopping is good there. The last time we were there, we did the America's Cup Racing. It was a hoot, a bunch of tourists maning a racing yacht! Hope you have a marvelous cruise!