View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 12:15 PM

Hank, we will definitely check with the tourist office in Barcelona.

Honfleur is also one of our favorite places! Our first time there tops all other visits because it was in winter...it was just us and the fishermen! In contrast, our other visits were in spring with lots of people sitting at outdoor cafés enjoying delicious food! Still great! You can be sure we'll be there on this trip!

I think NCL's 9 hr. excursion to Cinque Terre sounds like a good approach for us for the one day visit. And the price isn't bad ($115) considering what they get for others i.e. transportation only ($109) into either Florence or Rome! We've driven along the Ligurian coast into France, just missing this beautiful spot. Here's part of NCL's description: "The (motorcoach) drive north takes you to La Spezia, where you'll take a scenic cruise.... Admire beautiful panoramas of the coast..... Arriving in Riomaggiore,.....enjoy walking along the "street of love".....path that leads to Manarola. Here, you will board another motorboat that will take you to Vernazza.....where you will enjoy time at leisure....ending with visiting Monterosso al Mare. .....you will have free time to explore the tiny shops and have lunch at one of the fine restaurants. Your motorcoach will be waiting to drive you back at the end of the day." Doesn't seem to be too much hiking--and that's ok with me, since we'll be doing a lot of walking at the other 5 ports.

I love being in Europe and know that we will have a wonderful trip. Every day is an adventure!

Thanks for your good wishes.

Nanci