View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Hi Krissy and welcome. This seems to be a very slow board, so don't be suprised if you don't get too many replys.

Congrats on the booking. I have sailed the Rotterdam, and the Noordam. We were about the 4th sailing on her last year when she was brand new! I am booked on the Jan 6 11 day cruise out of New York this year. It's the same "everything" as when we sailed in March. That should tell you how I feel about it!
One of the nice things about going with Holland America shore excursions, is that you have almost no chance of not getting back to the boat on time. If you go off on your own, well, you are on your own. The boat will not wait for you! Because this is the same trip as last time, I will most likly not do many shore excursions this time. One that I will not miss for anything is the Orient Beach trip in St. Marrten. Includes a great lunch and beach chairs. Well worth the price. Can't say that I have ever had a bad time on a HA arranged trip, and not knowing the islands that well, I think it's the way to go.
You can see some photos of the ship and my trip on my web page at http://www.tdpowers.com
If I can answer any specific questions for you contact me by email at W1TDP@arrl.net