View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 08:26 AM

Hi alexander03, welcome to Cruise-Chat! So sorry to hear of your loss, I miss my parents every day. It does get easier, but the holidays are just not the same.

You'll have a marvelous time. We did a great snorkel through the ship in LaRomana and Grand Turk. The snorkeling in Aruba and Curacao are not work the money, in my opinion. The last time we were in Aruba we went to Palm Beach. It was a nice beach, with all the water toys you like, there was a pier with a restaurant/bar, and it was close enough to hotels to make it easy to get a cab back to the ship.

We did a tour of Curacao, it was called the high lights, or something similar. We visited the Curacao distillery and got to see some of the island. The distillery was my favorite stop, you got a couple of free samples Out of your ports, it's the best for shopping.

Take a look through our Caribbean Port Chat section, a little further down the main page. You can use your "find" feature in the upper left hand corner and type in your ports. It will pull up all the posts made about them, so you might be able to find something that will interest you.

Be sure to try the chocolate melting cake for dessert, it is so yummy!

I hope you will have perfect weather, calm seas, and a wonderful holiday. May you be able to cherish some wonderful memories from this experience. It would be great to start a new tradition of cruising for Christmas. I'll bet you'll be hooked like the rest of us