View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 10:42 PM

Hi Nancy,
About a week ago, I found and read an article written by Mary Finelli and her whelchair bound hubby. I was intending to cut and paste it into a mesage to send to my hubby to read, but I forgot and I've looked everywhere for the article. If I remember straight, it was on cruises.about.com. It was listed in a section that rated the cruiselines in '92, I believe. This article was Mary's comments on the Dream or Wind sailing to Hawaii. She talks about all the details on the ship, what she and her hubby saw and enjoyed, mentioned a little problem with the drawers in the cabins, talked about the awuarium aboard, their fun shore excursions and about this rude woman who wouldn't wait for Mary's hubby to be transferred off the tender. This woman appeared to have been hurt for her impatience. If you know where I need to go online to read this great article to my hubby Bob, I'd sure appreciate it.

We received our passports, so that's a relief and my approval on my Power Chair comes on Wed.

By the way, my mom said that when she booked our cruise back in Aug, they had ONLY one handicapped cabin left, and it was a VERY expensive cabin with floor to ceiling window, so does this mean it's a penthouse or owner's suite?

Also, how easy is it for the crew to transfer me from the tender and back? I can walk at home with my walker and cane, but is difficult for longer jaunts, as I walk around our mobile home with my walker and use my cane toget down our narrow hall to the bathroom and bedroom, but use my walker to get down my ramp and then use a step stool to get into the van.

How soon do we get our packet from NCL? We plan on driving the 4 hours to Seattle to fly to Honolulu the next morning and leave our van for free those 12 days instead of having our daughter drive us up and back. We also plan on reserving our shore excursions with NCL online before we leave.

We won't get to see the USS Arizona unless our departure flight to Seattle is a 9:00pm flight. I hope NCL has arranged it that way for that to occur.

Anyway, hope to hear back on these questions?

Toodles,
Teri