View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 06:05 PM

Hello Gert...My husband and I just returned from ourNCL Gem cruise in June...We had no set plans when we got off the ship in Malta, but there were tours being offered at the dock...We chose to go on the Hop On-Hop Off bus tour-it's a double decker bus tour that was only 15E each...It took us around the city of Valletta, to Mosta and Mdina and gave you time to go in Mdina...We also stopped at a Velletta glass factory briefly...It was an excellent excursion and was only 2 hours...They said it was a special tour for cruisers who didn't have alot of time in port..There's also shopping available at the dock when you get back...

In Cannes, I had researched ecursions to try to see the most..We ended up taking a tour from shoretrips.com for about 100E each...They picked us up where the tender drops you off in a mercedes van...She drove us all around Cannes, Nice, Eze with a brief tour of a perfume factory, then on to Monocco..We had time to walk around, see the changing of the guard, visit the cathedral, then we drove around Monte Carlo...She also stopped at some scenic spots along the highway...We felt like we had a great tour in just under 5 hours...

hope this helps and I hope you have a good time.

Nancy