View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 AM

Although I watched with interest at the information about the Oasis was coming, coming, COMING at us, I alwasy knew that ship was not for me. After 14 cruises with Royal Caribbean, I recently took a Celebrity cruise aboard the Century. I LOVED the Century, and will definitely cruise with Celebrity again. I loved the more laid back cruising and the older ship was wonderful, a real old time crusiing feel. But as I am planning my next cruise I realize I have way less options when choosing Celebrity. I cruised solo many times in my 30's and 40's and Royal Caribbean was a really good choice for me. But I cruised once on the Adventure of the Seas, and although I had a great time, that ship was too big for me. I recently took my first Radiance class ship, and loved that. I hooked my 80+ year old Mother on cruising and 3 RC cruises later I believe that was the best choice for us. I was recently married 25 years after my divorce, and my husband had cruised a couple of times before, and we cruised Celebrity Century, that was a really good choice for us. I will still cruise with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, depending on who I cruise with, I am less likely to be loyal to one brand now, I just don't see any significant savings. The whole priority this or that seems to be more show, and less effect. Princess will definitely get my business soon, I believe Alaska would be a great way to try the line. Anxious to hear others who have cruised and how you make your cruise decision, is the cruise line important? Is the ship your destination? Are ports your main decision?
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006