View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 08:04 AM

We've only done 2 Christmas cruises. They decorate the ships very nicely and usually have a small present in your room. One year we received a little stocking with some candy and one year we received a small cake. The activities are pretty much the same as the rest of the year. The cruises do fill quickly, but booking for next year should still be fine. The one thing you will find is many more families which means many more children. I still love cruising at that time of year, even with additional children on board, they all seem quite happy and are kept very busy. It reminds me of being home for Christmas (I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida) you can wear shorts and t-shirts and be warm. It's fun seeing palm trees decorated with Christmas lights. Of course, since you are from Puerto Rico, you probably won't find that much of a novelty. The crews seem very happy about Christmas as well. They dress in red and white, some even wear santa hats. They have a traditional turkey dinner offered in the dining room, sometimes they have lamb as well. I think it would be a great surprise, wish my hubby would surprise me with a cruise. Best wishes!