Thread: Gratuities
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen 69er:
We are very excited to be going on our first cruise, Carnival Freedom, on Jan 29, 2011. We (my husband and I and my 3 year and 12 year old) have an inside cabin I am aware you have to pay gratuities $10 a day, so that will be $80 each for the trip. Do the kids also have to pay $10 a day?
Karen after reading the gratuities policy at carnival.com in the FAQ section I think yes each guest, and that would include the children, will have $10/day added to your sail and sign account. You may, by going to the guest services desk modify that. I have only once done that and it was to increase my tip. I now increase my tips using cash directly to the cast or crew. As you consider this be reminded that housekeeping is working harder to keep your cabin clean and nice with 2 children, the wait staff works for them as well. But if you do not get really great service talk to guest services and see what they can do.

You will really enjoy the cruise. I think you will agree that $10/day per guest is really reasonable when you see how hard they work. And ask for stuff !!! They want to make your cruise the best. Look and ask about special stuff, I know you can meet one of the dance crew if you know when to do it. Your kids may love that.

Bon Voyage and oh Yes Welcome to Cruise Chat