View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 08:38 PM

In a recent post, someone wrote a negative review of their experience on the imagination. The author said:

"First, this cruise was absolutely no fun. I would say that out of the 4 days that we spent on this ship, the crew entertained us for a total of 6 hours. The activities were a complete joke, totally outdated. I am glad that I know how to make my own fun. I participated and volunteered in almost all of the activities only to leave them "

My question to the forum readers/members is; What activities would you like to see added to Carnival sailings? Suggests some ideas as we know that Carnival's execs review these boards and maybe we will see some changes in the future.

Personally, I've always enjoyed the activies and find most of them entertaining. However, I agree that some of the activities are outdated.

Here is my idea:

1. How about a cook-off on deck, poolside between two of the ships best cooks. Let the professional cooks give a short demonstration about an ethnic dish from one of the islands on the itinerary. Once the demonstration is complete, have each cook prepare a dish of their own in a "battle of the chefs" environment under the clock while everyone watches poolside. Give them a time limit and make it really exciting. Once complete, select a handful of passengers to taste test the finished product. Based on their reviews and the crowds cheer for best display, one of the cooks is deemed the winner. To top things off, have the recipe for the winning creation posted in the following days Carnival Caper. It would be a great momento for everyone on board and educational to.

Any other ideas? I bet we could come up with a bunch. This could be fun.

P.S. I'd like to hear Mr. October's ideas..maybe he will resurface for this thread.