View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 12:14 PM

Thank you Hank for your offer. And thanks to geordie and LHT28's advise. Any advise is good advise.

Our group is included me (3# [ok I'm sensitive about my age]) and my hubby (40), my parents and our family's friends (55 -60). We are hikers! The only is English is Second language for my parents, so they would not be in interested in museum. I bought a travellers' guide by Thomas Cook (TC) last night. It suggested some walking paths.

Venice - on our own as suggested by TC.Piazza San Marco, Ponte del Sospiri, Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Chuesa dei SS Giovanni e Paolo, Santa Maria dei Miracoli, & Ponte di Rialto. We want to take the Gondola too. Any other MUST see?

Dubrovnik - Do we really need Kuna? No idea yet.

Athens - on our own as suggested by TC. Plateria Syntagma, Panaghia Kapnikarea, Megali Mitropoli, Mikri Mitropoli, Agia Ekaterini, Chirgagic Monument of Lysicrates, The Roman Forum, & Plateia Monastriaki. Also, we want to go to Acropolis. Concern - are we too ambitious here, timing wise, our ship arrive and leave 7am to 7pm.

Ephesus. will go with Hello Ephesus. Better to be save! By the way, do we need visa? we will be there for 2 days.

Naples - Pompeii to visit the ruins of the Roman town. Not sure how.

Rome - we got a quote from a local private guide. 580e. The Palatine, the Circus max
the Colosseum, the Roman forum, The Pantheon, The Trevi fountain, The Spanish steps, San Peter Basilica, the Vatican museum, the Sistine chapel. He will guide us without additional cost. Of course, admissions are not included.

Florence - not sure how yet. the Duomo, The Giotto's tower, the Ponte Vecchio, The Palazzo della signoria, the Accademia museum to see the famous Michelangelo's David, Pisa tower. Or should we go shopping I heard there is a Prade and brand name outlet.

Nice - No idea other than beaches.

Barcelona. On our own as suggested by TC. La Rambla, La Boqueria, Barri Gotic, La Seu, Museu Pircasso, Monumnet a Colom & the waterfront.

Are we being to ambitious here? We are trying to visit as any places as possible. Not sure when we could do this again.(since my hubby luv Caribbean. cheaper!) And my parents definitely deserved this trip.

Once again, thank you abd await for more suggestiona.