View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 PM

Hi all,

I had a wonderful time on the repositioning cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver, Canada. I returned May 9. There were rough seas a couple of nights but the weather otherwise was sunny and in the 60's - perfect. The food and service were great and I enjoyed the entertainment. There was only one snafu - we departed San Francisco almost 3 hours late due to customs and cruise paperwork. That made us late for our next port, Victoria. The tours still took place, they were just shortened. However, rather than have people meet in the theater or lounge and arrange groups of people according to tour times, everyone was instructed to meet their tour group on the pier. You can imagine 2,600 impatient passengers trying to disembark from one door. It took almost 2 hours just to get off the ship. I understand the need for security with the sign & sail cards but the process of scanning each person's takes a long time. At least we were able to take part of the tour (in this case Butchart Gardens) and we were greatful for that. I also chose anytime dining and we never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for a table. That was nice.

Kari

Free Cruise Tickers