View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 04:33 PM

Casanova,
I was on your same shoes just a few weeks ago. I thought that travel insurance was a way for the travel agency to tack on a few more bucks for something they should ethically do (return your money if you are not able to go on your vacation). I say ethically for lack of words. I don't see many people cancelling their vacation which they have planned months ahead of time for something small. It usually is due to a death or illness and in these cases the travel company should have some compassion.
Dave gave you a great website that will help you make your decision. You can also call the number on the website and someone will be glad to assist youin understanding all the different types of insurances offered. AIG travel guard had three or four different. I found the lady who assisted me very helpfull and had a very soothing voice. She never gave me the impression that I was asking too many questions. Instead, she made me feel that she had all day to make sure I understood everything I needed.
Needless to say, I had cruise four times without insurance. I don't think I will be doing that again thanks to the people on this forum.
Carnival Glory 9/06
Mariner of the Seas 5/07
Freedom of the Seas 9/07
Sovereign of the Seas 2/08
Enchantment of the Seas 4/08
Liberty of the Seas 9/08
Independence " 11/08
Freedom of the Seas 5/09

Read and post cruise reviews