Thread: New Cruise Line
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 PM

Hi Chef Ken,

yes indeed, I'm from Germany - from the romantic rhine - and there I always saw the cruise ships, dreaming of being on board there, too - one day. Happily my grandma took me with her on a cruise along the river Mosel and I was caught by the "Cruise-syndrome".

Thinking I couldn't afford such a cruise, I was surprised to find some affordable offers years later, departing from Miami as I searched for some affordable hotels for a trip to Florida (I got some relatives in the US, that I visited several times the last years due to the cheap US$, but because I do not want to nerve them too long, I am always making a trip somewhere else).

I decided to make a short cruise on Carnival's Fascination, although I had a great offer for an SS Norway cruise and I could not imagine, that such a classic liner could be a "freestyle-ship". Still don't know, whether that decision was right - it was Norway's last cruise as I found out a few days later when I woke up by the sound of an army of police cars, fire trucks and so on and switched on the TV......

And now I am saving for the next caribbean cruise ..........................

Walter