Thread: New to Princess
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 PM

Sting,

If I understand correctly, you have booked a cabin on Plaza Deck, an oceanview cabin. You have been given a cabin number. Very seldom does Princess "almost certainly give out upgrades". I have sailed Princess four times in the last few years and never been upgraded especially when there is more than two people in a cabin. There is always the possibility of course but I would not count on it. Holiday sailings are always very crowded and popular. The Plaza Deck is actually the happening place. You have the great International Cafe right there and there is always some action taking place in the Piazza right there too. The coffee bar is there and there are some comfy sofas to sit in to people watch. There is also much less motion on Deck 5. My kids were on Deck 5 and I was up on DEck 12 and I definitely felt the difference. We found the coke cards I believe under $30US to be great for our boys. They could order pop in the dining room or at any bar unlimited. ALso, we bought the coffee card for $25 = gave us 15 specialty coffees (you can order the large size if you want and you can also order the frozen coffees) A lot of people do not know this and think it is only the hot lattes. There is also a frozen milkshake or smooothy card which we learned about late in the cruise so we did not buy it. Please note that the coffee card carries over to any other Princess cruise. It is a little card with jokers on it. There are laundries on the floors. We made use of them on our 12 day cruise last May. We brought our own soap. But you can buy it there too.