View Single Post
Old 08-15-2002, 07:00 AM

After taking 7 wonderful, splendid cruises on the Princess product, and one P&O cruise, logging almost 80 days total for P&O-Princess, I submit this missive in total disgust of the P&O-Princess rules for taking care of the repeat passenger, regarding mailings, and discount perks.

We booked an April 2003 10 day cruise while we were on our last Aprils Grand Princess cruise. Our travel agent took over the booking. We were to have been 30+ passengers in that booking. As of yesterday, 8 cabins had been booked. Not any longer.

My son, a teenager, received a past passenger discount via mail, in July, for outstanding discounts for Oct, Nov, Dec 2002 cruises. Well, we thought, for $1099 we would take a pre-xmas cruise on the Golden Princess! (a balcony stateroom). When I called Princess yesterday to inquire about the discount, I was very rudely and abruptly told that the discount was for the person to which it was mailed, and they would only honor the discount IF my son was in our cabin!!!

Well, the entire cruise, all 8 cabins, have been canceled, as of today, and we will NEVER-EVER sail Princess again. I made several calls to see what Princess would do to honor the discount, and asked for return calls, non of which were returned, and my travel agent also got the same old story as I did, seemingly, get your son, and take group space and get the repeaters rate as shown on the mailer!!!! Mark, our trusted agent, said something is wrong at Princess - in fact, he said they have been hostile and arrogant to work with.

WHO CARES????? I care, and if they want to be so-so cavalier in their policies, and uncaring, well, maybe someone should take them over - let me say that, in April 2003 our 30+ people will be sailing on the NORWEGIAN SUN, and we will be sailing in January on the brand new NORWEGIAN DAWN, and in June on the NORWEGIAN STAR!!!!!!!!

You will find a great review that I submitted on the Grand P last April.

I love this entire sight. Anyone that loves cruises as much as I do can't be land locked!!! Hoping to hear from you .....Ken [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]