View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 08:15 AM

I sailed from NYC to Southampton in mid-May. We encountered fairly heavy seas (enough to make the glasses and dishes slide off the tables) for several days. Most people showed up for dinner, although I know many got motion sickness shots or were wearing patches.

The ship physically was not so different from my previous experience (three sailings on the Westerdam), but the service was amazing--attentive but unobtrusive. The food in the dining room (Caronia) was very, very good, with enough variety to please everyone. Plus they made crepes suzette s for our table by special request since they weren't on the menu until the following week.

In my opinion there's not enough separation of smoking and non-smoking areas, but they do their best.

I love live music and look forward to it, but found the offerings on the QE2 adequate but uninteresting. But, I wanted a quiet, low key week before I got to England, and that's what I got.

I think that traveling eastbound is the way to go, as long as you go to bed at a reasonable time each night. I arrived in England without jet lag and after a full night's sleep for the first time ever! Of course, sailing back would be good too...