Thread: Cover Charges?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 06:29 PM

Hello. We sailed on Explorer of the Seas on June 6th, 2004, to 7 day Western Caribbean. Explorer is one of RCI "bigger ships". The burger joint, "Johnny Rockets" was free, the only extra charge was for specialty drinks such as malts and shakes. I used my drink card for sodas and got free sodas there, I just had to show my card. We eat there 2 times, & didn't spend an extra penny. The Portofino restaurant had a surcharge of $20, I am pretty sure it was $20. We never ate there, the dining room was more than great for us. They post the menu outside the restaurant, it has mostly Italian, and the doors were open alot, so you could peek inside to look around. I don't recall seeing a extra charge for any of the activities, except for the golf simulator. Rock climbing is free. Our only other cruise was Monarch, the 4 day Baja. We really enjoyed the Explorer. We splurged on a Junior Suite, (to get the extra cruise credit), and loved it. We thought a regular balcony would be fine next time. But for your honeymoon, a suite would be neat, plus you get an extra cruise credit. We never went to the ice skating, we never found the time. Enjoy your honeymoon, and good luck. Lori

Read and post cruise reviews