View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 05:40 AM

I am so glad my sources were correct and the post I made regarding Carnival resuming their stops in Grand Cayman was accurate. Here are some of the official details:

Carnival Cruise Line and Princess Cruises are the first to announce they are heading back to Grand Cayman. That island, which underwent serious damage at the hands of Hurricane Ivan in September, has been off-limits to travelers until the infrastructure could be rebuilt.

According to a Carnival spokesman, beginning October 30, cruises that originally included Grand Cayman on their itineraries will return; this includes ships such as Inspiration, Imagination, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Conquest. Beyond that, all ships will visit Grand Cayman as originally scheduled.

Princess will resume calls there with Coral Princess making the first visit on November 6. Other cruise lines have not yet reported a change in their itineraries.

Only some of the attractions will be open in time for cruise calls, however. These include Pirate's Caves and the village of Hell. Restaurants, for the most part, have generally reopened. Island tours and horseback rides are ready to go. Most dive operators are back in business.

The Butterfly Farm, most golf courses and some shops remain closed. If you are a passenger on one of the ships returning to Grand Cayman in the first few weeks of November you will need to be flexible in your plans.

Free Cruise Tickers